Spring 2018

Department
Sport Management
Course Code
SPM 325
Professor
Dennis Deninger
Lecture

This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full 3 pages of the document.
SPM 325!
1/29!
Fan Connections:!
I. Sports Public Relations!
A. Identify, establish and maintain beneficial relationships!
B. Generate favorable publicity and minimize unfavorable publicity !
C. Communications is an eective brand building tool!
1. It creates interest and inventory that can generate revenue !
II. All sports are “contact sports”!
A. Every point of contact you have with the Sports Product leaves you with an impression,
or creates a “sensation”!
B. Every Brand Extension is a “point of contact,” an opportunity to communicate !
1. media coverage!
2. merchandise !
3. video games!
4. music!
5. food and beverage!
6. websites and social media !
7. tickets!
8. programs, books!
9. fantasy / statistics!
10. mascots!
III. Communications connections!
A. All components combine in the fan’s mind to form a personal representation of each
sports product!
B. Each core element and product extension of sport provides an opportunity for
communication!
1. It’s the responsibility of the Communications and Marketing teams to put them to
use for the advantage of the sports organization!
IV. Sensation Transference (Louis Cheskin)!
A. People transfer the sensations and impressions they get from the packaging of a
product to the product itself!
B. On an unconscious level, people do not distinguish between product and package !
C. The product = the package and the product combined!
V. Fan Entryways!
A. Participation: you played or still play!
B. The on-site experience!
C. The media (most prolific) !
D. Word of mouth: phone, text, internet!
E. Mentors: connect through parents, coaches!
VI. What are you “decision factors”!
A. Buying a ticket / attending in person!
1. Schedule, record, stars, price, seat, facility, weather, trac, parking, food!
B. Watching on TV!
1. Schedule, access to game feed, matchup, stars, pictures, analysis, audio,
commentators!
C. Internet / mobile sports coverage!
1. Accuracy, attitude, speed, content depth, video access!
D. Fantasy sports!
1. Social connections, free! user ease, amenities, info access, interactivity!
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com

Loved by over 2.2 million students

Over 90% improved by at least one letter grade.

Leah — University of Toronto

OneClass has been such a huge help in my studies at UofT especially since I am a transfer student. OneClass is the study buddy I never had before and definitely gives me the extra push to get from a B to an A!

Leah — University of Toronto
Saarim — University of Michigan

Balancing social life With academics can be difficult, that is why I'm so glad that OneClass is out there where I can find the top notes for all of my classes. Now I can be the all-star student I want to be.

Saarim — University of Michigan
Jenna — University of Wisconsin

As a college student living on a college budget, I love how easy it is to earn gift cards just by submitting my notes.

Jenna — University of Wisconsin
Anne — University of California

OneClass has allowed me to catch up with my most difficult course! #lifesaver

Anne — University of California
Description
SPM 325 129 Fan Connections: I. Sports Public Relations A. Identify, establish and maintain benecial relationships B. Generate favorable publicity and minimize unfavorable publicity C. Communications is an eective brand building tool 1. It creates interest and inventory that can generate revenue II. All sports are contact sports A. Every point of contact you have with the Sports Product leaves you with an impression, or creates a sensation B. Every Brand Extension is a point of contact, an opportunity to communicate 1. media coverage 2. merchandise 3. video games 4. music 5. food and beverage 6. websites and social media 7. tickets 8. programs, books 9. fantasy statistics 10. mascots III. Communications connections A. All components combine in the fans mind to form a personal representation of each sports product B. Each core element and product extension of sport provides an opportunity for communication 1. Its the responsibility of the Communications and Marketing teams to put them to use for the advantage of the sports organization IV. Sensation Transference (Louis Cheskin) A. People transfer the sensations and impressions they get from the packaging of a product to the product itself B. On an unconscious level, people do not distinguish between product and package C. The product = the package and the product combined V. Fan Entryways A. Participation: you played or still play B. The onsite experience C. The media (most prolic) D. Word of mouth: phone, text, internet E. Mentors: connect through parents, coaches VI. What are you decision factors A. Buying a ticket attending in person 1. Schedule, record, stars, price, seat, facility, weather, trac, parking, food B. Watching on TV 1. Schedule, access to game feed, matchup, stars, pictures, analysis, audio, commentators C. Internet mobile sports coverage 1. Accuracy, attitude, speed, content depth, video access D. Fantasy sports 1. Social connections, free! user ease, amenities, info access, interactivity
More Less
Unlock Document
Start your 2 week free trial

Only page 1 are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document

Share with your friends

Get 2 friends to sign-up for a free trial as well, and get an additional free week

Next

You've reached the limit of 4 previews this month

Create an account for unlimited previews.

Already have an account?

OR

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit