HLTH 353 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Co-Phenotrope, Dextropropoxyphene, Robitussin

20 views2 pages

Document Summary

Drugs & society - hlth 353 - exam 1 notes. The comprehensive drug abuse prevention and control act of 1970. This act divided substances with abuse potential into categories based on the degree of their abuse potential and clinical usefulness. Schedules i, ii, iii, iv, v (i being the most potent) No currently accepted medical use in treatment in the us. Oddly, marijuana is a schedule i drug federally. Currently accepted medical use in treatment in the us. Doctor"s prescription required but fewer refill regulations. Doctor"s prescription required but fewest refill regulations. Interdiction, the policy of cutting off or destroying supplies of illicit drugs. 2016 the us budget for interdiction was . 65 billion. Often aimed at youth, emphasis is placed on reformulating values, attitudes, skills and behaviors conducive to resisting drug use. For drug users, support groups (medical and psychological) treatment programs hopefully to reduce and eventually eliminate their need to purchase and utilize drugs.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers