POLS 207 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: George Carlin, Limited Government, Feedback

50 views6 pages

Document Summary

Pols 207: difference between i"m sorry and i apologize. I"m sorry means it is not your fault but you feel bad. Trump gave congress 6 months to decide on daca: basically gave the decision to congress. Why government matters: you cannot escape it. Thursday, september 7, 2017: people, government is of, for, and by people. 2. issues, concerns, problems: linkage institutions, find out about government through linkage institutions, public opinion, media, political parties. I"m from texas: everything is big and better, not everything. Texas political culture: political culture, widely shared values beliefs and attitudes about how government and society should function. !3 (5) government only supplies itself when people demand it. Key terms: government: the institutions that make authoritatively binding decisions for society, binding decision: laws! Thursday, september 7, 2017: historic and cultural settings - political culture. Key policy areas for state and local governments: education, health and welfare, transportation, public safety, taxation.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers