BIOL 3327 Lecture Notes - Lecture 17: Major Histocompatibility Complex, Mhc Class I, Endoplasmic Reticulum

10 views4 pages

Document Summary

Diseased host cell: host cell infected with virus or bacteria. Altered host cell: neoplastic cells, aging cells, or nonself cells from grafted tissue. Antigenic peptides complexed with class i mhc molecules. Antigen processing takes place in the cytosol by proteasomes. Proteasomes are a multifunctional complex consisting of 28 subunits and having protease activity. Antigenic pieces are transported from cytoplasm to endoplasmic reticulum via transporters associated with antigen processing, tap-1 & tap-2. Tap1 and tap2 form a peptide transporter in the endoplasmic reticulum membrane. Proteasome: cylindrical complex that contains proteolytic activity. Antigenic peptides bind to class i mhc in the rough endoplasmic reticulum. The class i mhc-peptide complex is then transported via the golgi to the cell surface. Pinocytosis; the internalization of extracellular fluid, and anything that fluid contains. Receptor-mediated endocytosis; the internalization of molecules bound to cell surface receptors. Antigenic peptides complexed with class ii mhc molecules.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers