PSY 250 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Convenience Sampling, Pain Scale, Design Of Experiments

22 views5 pages

Document Summary

Class 4: survey research, definition: quantifying behavior on the macro scale, characteristic: quantitative. Statistics is important b. i)we want to find out opinions b. ii) b. iii) description of behavior for many people, large info gathered at once b. iv) b. v) Generalizability: the degree to which observations or conclusions in one case applies to other cases: building a survery c. i) literature review (c. i. 1) Tells you what is thing you look for, you get the theory develop hypothesis (c. i. 2) (c. i. 3) Operational definitions (c. ii. 1) (c. ii. 2) (c. ii. 3) what kind of scale? (ratio, interval ) (c. ii. 4) what to notice when building your question (c. ii. 4. a) (c. ii. 4. b) No double-barreled questions example: do you think that facebook is a useful tool, and do you use it to communicate your feelings? (c. ii. 4. c) No loaded questions example: do you believe that the republicans are destroying our children"s future? (no emotional elicits) (c. ii. 4. d) No negative wording example: should employees not be required to wash their hands after using the restroom? .

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers