EDSP 210 Lecture Notes - Lecture 12: Autism Spectrum, Neurodevelopmental Disorder, Intellectual Disability

69 views4 pages

Document Summary

Pledge "i pledge on my honor that i have not given or received any unauthorized assistance on this assignment/examination. " Asd is a neurodevelopmental disorder that effects a child"s social and behavioral skills. Unusual behavior like flapping or tantrums, often an inability to speak, intellectual disabilities, communication deficits, language deficits, social deficits such as no interest in others, no eye contact. These students are going to behave differently than a typically developing student and understanding that is the first step for a teacher. The student will engage in behaviors that are disruptive and unusual but there are not doing it with any malicious intent. The students are intelligent in their own way and often they understand what you are teaching but may not be able to communicate, so keep an open mind. Each pair contains one example of a child engaged in typical age-appropriate behavior and one of a child exhibiting characteristics of asd.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers