KNES 293 Lecture Notes - Lecture 15: Juvenile Delinquency, Sports Equipment, Human Capital

63 views4 pages

Document Summary

Part 1: industrial labor & the modernization of football. Agricultural society: within feudal society, agricultural labor followed seasonal rhythms and allowed for many days of leisure, due to a combo of religious observances and pagan celebrations, there was approx. Fordism: ford developed the modern assembly line on which semi-skilled workers repeated the same job rather than building an individual automobile, production techniques were standardized towards mass production, products were standardized towards mass consumption. Scientific management: fordism was closely tied to the rise of taylorism, which used time-and-motion studies to maximize production through improved efficiency. Football & the production line (cid:862)i(cid:374) foot(cid:271)all, o(cid:374) ea(cid:272)h play ele(cid:448)e(cid:374) (cid:373)e(cid:374) a(cid:272)t i(cid:374) u(cid:374)iso(cid:374), a(cid:374)d i(cid:374) ea(cid:272)h a(cid:272)tio(cid:374) (cid:374)ot the individual but the corporate unit acts. When bart starr completed a pass for the. Green bay packers, all the packers could be said to share the deed; one man alone is quite helpless.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers