PSYC 221 Lecture Notes - Lecture 13: Free Recall, Eyewitness Testimony, Confirmation Bias

25 views4 pages

Document Summary

Clinical psychology-the study, assessment, and treatment of people with psychological difficulties. Define clinical hindsight bias and give one example: Being confident about the diagnosis after the fact. (after finding out info, you say you knew it all along) Ex: rosenhan study, fake patients (confederates) entering a mental hospital: said they heard voices to get into insane asylum, watched how the nurses diagnosed them during their stay. I al(cid:449)a(cid:455)s k(cid:374)e(cid:449) he/she (cid:449)as a ti(cid:272)ki(cid:374)g ti(cid:373)e (cid:271)o(cid:373)(cid:271) . How can clinicians show confirmation bias: clinicians can show this by asking questions that lead to the answer they suspect/believe, ex: Anxiety: do you ever feel nervous in crowds. Depressed individuals tend to not have the self-serving bias that most people have. When negative events occur, depressed individuals tend to think of failures as (list and give an example): stable. I"(cid:373) al(cid:449)a(cid:455)s goi(cid:374)g to (cid:373)ake (cid:373)istakes like this: global. I make mistakes in everything i do: internal: this happened because i am stupid.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers