PSYC 221 Lecture Notes - Lecture 13: Eyewitness Testimony, Explanatory Style, Confirmation Bias

60 views2 pages

Document Summary

Define clinical hindsight bias and give one example: being confident about the diagnosis after the fact. Ex: fake patients entering a mental hospital, said they were hearing voices, childhood looked at and found it lined up with diagnosis or aftermath of a violent tragedy. By asking questions that led to the answer they suspect/believe. Depressed individuals tend to not have the self-serving bias that most people have. Define explanatory style: typical way of explaining events. When negative events occur, depressed individuals tend to think of failures as (list and give an example): stable, global, internal. Ex: don made a mistake at work today. Stable: i"m always going to make mistakes like this. Global: i make mistake s in everything i do. Most people worry about self-presentation in highly evaluative situations (evaluation apprehension). People with generalized anxiety tend to have: very high evaluation apprehension leading to constant self-presentation concerns.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers