PSY 364 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Male Contraceptive, Anthony Comstock, Combined Oral Contraceptive Pill

50 views6 pages

Document Summary

Psy 364 chapter 5 contraception: planning and preventing. Historical perspectives: the politics of contraception, anthony comstock and the comstock act, margaret sanger, (cid:862)fa(cid:373)ily li(cid:373)itatio(cid:374)(cid:863, planned parenthood. Choosing a method of contraception: an individual or shared decision, can be one or the other, or both, lifestyle considerations, e. g. Am i currently engaging in a sexual activity that involves risk of pregnancy: e. g. Do i have more than one concurrent sexual partner: e. g. How seriously would an accidental pregnancy disrupt my life: unreliable methods, douching, cola douche, standing up during intercourse, plastic wrap in place of a male condoms, toothpaste as spermicide, pregnancy is not possible the first time. For effective contraception, the diaphragm must always be used with spermicide. Calculated on the assumption that ovulation occurs on day 14 and the sperm may live as long as several days. The process involves taking her temperature first thing every morning using a special thermometer and graphing the changes on a chart.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers