EDUC 30 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Francis Bacon, Cliffsnotes, Sparknotes

145 views5 pages
31 Jul 2017
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Assigned readings: through the assigned readings, you will learn how teachers can help students of all grade levels develop information literacy. One approach to helping students evaluate the quality of the information they find online. Resources that can be used to answer questions that can help to determine the value of information. In the 21st century, information explosion requires that individuals be good researchers by developing the ability to recognize when information is needed and have the ability to locate, evaluate, and use effectively the needed information. In a recent survey, the top three places where students sought out information were from online sources: the first place students go is the google search engine, followed by wikipedia, then youtube. Is it balanced: authority, who are the creators or authors, what are their credentials, who are the publishers or sponsors, are they reputable, what a(cid:396)e the pu(cid:271)lishe(cid:396)s" i(cid:374)te(cid:396)est (cid:894)if a(cid:374)(cid:455)(cid:895) i(cid:374) this i(cid:374)fo(cid:396)(cid:373)atio(cid:374), purpose/point of view.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers