MATH 2B Lecture Notes - Lecture 16: Trigonometric Substitution, Partial Fraction DecompositionPremium
3 pages41 viewsWinter 2019
Course CodeMATH 2B
This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 3 pages of the document.
MATH 2B - Lecture 16 - Strategy for Integrations
In general, the process of integration is not very straightforward. It usually requires more
than one method to solve for one integral.
● List of strategies:
3. Trigonometric integrals
4. Trigonometric substitution
5. Integration by partial fraction
● Since u-sub is the most basic one. It is very usual that we will need u-sub
together with another one of the strategies
● Let’s first talk about or
○ If we observe there is in the integral, we can try . If there is
, we can try
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version
Loved by over 2.2 million students
Over 90% improved by at least one letter grade.