PSYC 2300 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Behaviour Therapy, Classical Conditioning, Operant Conditioning

12 views3 pages
3 Mar 2020
School
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Halo effect- if someone is goodlooking we automatically trust them and think they are a good person. A bottle of heaven - the bachelor~ a girl said that about the bachelor on the show. Aim to identify the behaviors that are causing problems and replace them with more appropriate ones. May use classical conditioning operant conditioning, or modeling. Classical conditioning treatments may be used to change abnormal reactions to particular stimuli. No evidence that symptoms are ordinarily acquired through conditioning. This model proposes that we can best understand ab fct by lookng at cognitive processes- the center of behaviors, thoughts, and emotions. Argues that clinicians must ask questions about assumptions, attitudes, and thoughts of a client. I should be loved by everyone for everything i do. It"s better to avoid problems than to face them. I should be terribly upset by certain situations. An a is an only grade worth earning.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers