MUS 4 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Ode To Joy, Friedrich Schiller, Leonard Bernstein

46 views3 pages
24 Apr 2017
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

9 symphonies, 5 piano concerti, 16 string quartets. 3 (cid:494)eroica(cid:495) the world before i had produced all that felt i might, and so i spared this wretched. (cid:498)only art, only art held me back, ah it seemed impossible to me that ) should leave life. (cid:499) -- beethoven. (cid:498)then he(cid:495)s (cid:523)bonaparte(cid:524) nothing but an ordinary man! Now he(cid:495)ll trample on all the rights of men to serve his own ambition! (cid:499) -- beethoven. In 1806, the relationship between lichnowsky and beethoven came to an. (cid:498)prince, what you are you by accident of birth; what ) am ) am through myself. There have been and still will be thousands of princes; there is only one beethoven. (cid:499) Napoleon(cid:495)s army had occupied vienna since (cid:883)(cid:890)(cid:882)(cid:887) end after refusing to play music for french army officers who were dining with the prince. Prince and patron of the viennese arts. Performing career ended in 1814 -- completely deaf.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers