ALS 3923 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Marburg Virus Disease, Monkeypox Virus, Viral Hemorrhagic Fever

43 views17 pages

Document Summary

What is marburg virus and why is it a biosecurity concern: a causative agent of marburg virus disease (mvd, a flesh-eating virus b. i. Who hemorrhagic fever that is very severe to the point where it causes a fatal illness in humans c. It"s a concern because hospitals, a place of getting better , is what is causing the epidemics: where did marburg virus originate from, africa, when was marburg virus detected? a. In 1967 when lab workers were experimenting with african green monkeys for polio vaccines in marburg germany, as well as frankfurt and belgrade, Serbia got sick: how can it be treated, there is not much that doctors can do besides a. i. Try to treat pain and fever: who is at risk from marburg virus, muddy slums, poverty, conditions that make the virus a nightmare c. i. Isolation can help the epidemic from going out of control. Before marburg came along, only a few people knew that weed existed.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers