BIOLOGY 151 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Signal Transduction, Ras Subfamily, G Protein–Coupled Receptor

17 views3 pages

Document Summary

Get your i>clicker2, register on moodle i start counting them today. The 2nd perusall assignment on topic 2 reading (page 1-19 of pdf) is due wednesday, sept 21 at 11:59pm. My office hours tomorrow (tuesday) need to be rescheduled due to a meeting normally they would ne. Review session with undergrad ta tonight at 7:45pm in morrill iii 203. Signals tend to be small molecules or proteins they come in different shapes and sizes. What do signals tell cells to do in our bodies: cells in our body must always be receiving survival signals in order to stay alive. If the cells in our body no longer receive survival signals, cells will undergo apoptosis. It is often hard for scientists to take a cell and place them in a petri dish because they would no longer receive survival signals, which would then cause the cell to undergo apoptosis. To resolve this issue, scientists would use cancer cells instead.

Get access

Grade+
$40 USD/m
Billed monthly
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
10 Verified Answers