COMP-LIT 141 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Jhumpa Lahiri, Unaccustomed Earth, Bildungsroman

37 views2 pages

Document Summary

Comp lit 141: good and evil; east and west. Story of two brothers, one who is more brash and one who is more reserved. The role of women in the men"s lives: setting. Calcutta made into kolkata the commercial, cultural and educational center of east india . Revolution and naxalites indian communist group (udyan is a maoist. Political theory embodying marxist communist: jhumpa lahiri. Author of interpreter of maladies, unaccustomed earth, the namesake and the lowland. Jump between places, settings and characters: themes. Although the men are grown, sees them become adults/mature: sexual. I"m bound to fail when i write in italian, but, unlike my sense of failure in the past, this doesn"t torment or grieve me : found love for italian. If she doesn"t know the word in english, it makes her feel like she"s not good enough verus in italian she"s experiencing something new and knows it is more understandable to not know things.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers