THR 231 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Gypsy Rose Lee

88 views1 pages
24 May 2018
School
Course
Professor
Monologue
Sarah Day
(the line before : they are furiously arguing and momma is ad libbing, trying to clean up
and help Louise in her dressing room)
walk around to get into the scene
(to inform) Nobody laughs at me, because I laugh first at me,
me from Seattle, me with no education, no talent, as you kept reminding me my whole life. (to
swank) Well, look at me now, a star. Look at how I live, look at my friends, look at where I’m
going. I’m not staying in burlesque, I’m moving. Maybe up, maybe down, (to inform) but
wherever it is...momma I’m enjoying it. I am having the time of my life, (to stab) because for the
first time it is my life. (to demand) I love it, I love every second of it and I will be damned if you
try to take it away from me. I am Gypsy Rose Lee. I love her. And if you don’t, you can clear out
now.
Objective = To make momma know that I have become famous all on my own and she must get
this inside of her head. I want her to stop trying to help me and stop acting like she has put so
much work to make me a star. She needs to let me go, worry about someone or something else in
her life, and just sit down quietly to support me.
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 1 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

Look at how i live, look at my friends, look at where i"m going. Maybe up, maybe down, (to inform) but wherever it ismomma i"m enjoying it. And if you don"t, you can clear out now. Objective = to make momma know that i have become famous all on my own and she must get this inside of her head. I want her to stop trying to help me and stop acting like she has put so much work to make me a star.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers