POLS 150 Lecture Notes - Lecture 21: Defensively Equipped Merchant Ship, Liberal Democracy, Oligopoly

9 views3 pages

Document Summary

Regardless of method i. i. ii. i. i. ii. More power at the expense of legislature: greater coherence and decisiveness of executive. General agreement and consensus greater impact on decisions: executive less prone to stalemate and inaction. Fewer ppl involved in decision making process quicker arrival at decision. Stalemate and inaction greater in legislature (more opportunities to do so) Ie legislature vs executive: equal power amongst all, executive power exercised efficiently and purposefully. By contrast to b: high ranking bureaucrats, cabinet & etc, there is one person in the room that has more power than everyone else* ii. More ppl=more time consuming: open debate allows listing of pros & cons but takes more time iii. Executive beneficial esp during time of crisis: executive structure more streamlined and unified. Getting it done and immediately is more important than getting it right & not making a decision at all*: fundamental difference, public desires policy simplicity amid increasingly complex systems i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers