ANSC 320 Lecture 9: ANSC 320 Lecture 9

10 views2 pages
18 Feb 2019
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Leptotene, zygotene, pachytene, diplotene, dictyate: metaphase i, anaphase i, telophase i. Next step for gametes: prophase ii, metaphase ii, anaphase ii, telophase ii. Oogenesis: one mother cell creates one oocyte: the process whereby oocytes develop and eventually become competent to contribute to formation of a zygote after fertilization. Spermatogenesis: one father cell creates 4 spermatids. Folliculogenesis: the process whereby ovarian follicles develop and eventually become eligible for ovulation. Lh induced oocyte maturation occurs in follicle: prepares the oocyte for fertilization, coincides with estrus in the cow, changes focus on the nucleus and cytoplasm, nuclear maturation. Important to reduce number of maternal copies of chromosomes from 4 to 2: cytoplasmic maturation, redistribution of organelles, cytoskeletal and metabolic alterations, changes in protein synthesis, 6 follicle layers. Tertiary follicle: gonadotrophin surge at middle of menstrual cycle stimulates reentry of oocyte into meiosis as far as metaphase ii.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers