GEOG 131 Lecture Notes - Lecture 14: Latent Heat, Hydrogen Bond, Capillary Action

15 views3 pages
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

O side is negative, hs are positive a. ii. Hydrogen bond: attraction between polarity of two adjacent atoms a. ii. 1. Takes latent heat to break bonds: physical properties: b. i. Water rises in objects due to capillary action b. iv. Equal number of molecules go back and forth between gas and liquid. Number of gas molecules increase, liquid water loses mass: lower energy: condensation f. i. Gas loses water molecules = decrease in amount of water vapor in air: how is water vapor measured in the atmosphere, humidity = a measure of the water vapor content of the air a. i. A main way to characterize atmospheric moisture a. ii. Warm air can hold more water vapor: relative humidity = amount of water vapor in the air relative to the maximum water vapor the air at that temp can hold b. i. 90% to 100% in very humid conditions b. ii. Rh = (actual water vapor in the air/ maximum amount of water vapor in air) x 100 b. iii.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers