IS 3003 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Human Factors And Ergonomics, Unix System Iii, Information System

38 views6 pages

Document Summary

How does it affect business careers: dimensions of information systems - pot i. ii. People dimension: requires skilled people to build/maintain/use them. Information systems reflect the hopes and realities of managers. Work is coordinated through structured: senior management, hierarchy. Makes long range strategic decisions about products and services. Ensures financial performance: middle management management in the business. Design products/services: engineers, scientists, architects, operational management. Monitors daily activities of the business. i. ii. Production/service workers - actually product product or deliver service: secretaries, clerks, business processes, supply chain management, enterprise management, customer management, knowledge management. 1 iii: culture is embedded in system. Technology dimension (it infrastructore: computer hardware/software, data management technology, networking and telecomm. Insufficient or aging hardware: outdated business processes, unsupportive culture and attitudes, political in fighting, complexity of task, outdated software, rapid technological change. Lack of employee support and participation: the problem-solving continuous process i. ii.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers