ANTHRO 101 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Fokker E.Ii, Edward Burnett Tylor, Bipedalism

130 views2 pages
14 Sep 2016
School
Department

Document Summary

Lecture 3: what makes human different, bipedalism- walk on two feet, loss of honing canine, material culture/tools, hunting, speech, domestication- tinker with plants and animals, culture, central unifying concept of anthropology, human"s primary method of adaptation c) Or any other rules of behavior that are learned and transmitted thru generations - e. b. Change in one -> change in other (d. i. 1. a) Ex: way we learn -> affect laws, beliefs, etc (d. i. 2) Learned and passed on: what do cultures do? e. i) e. ii) e. iii) e. iv) Provide a cultural perception of the universe (e. iv. 1) Sense of meaning (e. iv. 1. a) why we"re here (e. iv. 1. b) (e. iv. 1. c) what happens when we"re not here anymore. Religion: all humans organize experience using s/a/r a. i) a. ii) Religion -> explanation of the universe (a. ii. 1) (a. ii. 2) Studies what you can see a. iii: principles of scientific inquiry a. i) a. ii) Epistemology- study of how you know what you know. Hypothesis: a tentative working explanation of a relationship after looking at a phenomena (a. ii. 2)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers