Kerala University of Health Sciences - KUHS
Dieting is common in our society and everyone wants a piece of the action. So many diets are available to choose from if someone wants to change their health; e.g., lose weight. Often times, diets are promoted with claims of great success.
For the purposes of this assignment, you are to choose a particular diet and analyze it in terms of scientific evidence, or lack thereof. Then, you are to design a controlled experiment to test a hypothesis based on this diet. The experiment must include multiple individuals within a control and experimental group. You must specify how you will measure the outcome of the experiment identifying both the independent and dependent variables. You must describe the potential outcomes of the experiment in terms of supporting the hypothesis.
• Discuss the consistency of personality over time/situations.
• Define person-situation interaction and consider examples.
• Define the concept of aggregation and provide examples.
• Discuss measurement issues and their possible solutions.
• Summarize the role of personality tests in hiring.
• Summarize the problems associated with the MBTI.
A. A nucleotide mutation in a coding region that leads to an aminoacid change in gene x.
B. A change in a distal element that leads to a lower transcriptionlevel for gene x.
C. A nucleotide change that leads to the mis-splicing of gene x'smRNA.
D. A change in the methyl group of a histone tail associated withgene x.
E. A change in a microRNA binding site that affects the translationof gene x.