Department
Interdiscip St
Course Code
INTE 398
Professor
Karen Herland
Study Guide
Final

This preview shows half of the first page. Sign up to view the full 2 pages of the document.
INTE 398 - Final Exam Preparation
Date: April 27th 2017 @ 9:00 am
CHEAT SHEET
8.5 x 11 inch
- double sided
- anything goes
Part 1 40%
20 multiple choice questions 2% each
Questions from quizzes 1-3 + from previous years (might not see my questions)
Cover the entire course (up until lesson 12)
Part 2: 30%
3 350-500 word short essays (10% per essay)
- definitions
- using appropriate terms
- clearly describing cause/effect, impact positive and negative outcomes, etc.
- Among the 10 suggested topics, we will be given 4, answer 3
#1 The standard definition of AIDS as changed over the years. Explain why we have a standard
definition (give at least three reason) and how/why it changed.
#2 Name (and explain) three characteristics of HIV that make it difficult to treat biomedically
#3 Who is statistically likely to be living with HIV in Canada?
Who is statistically likely to be living with HIV in Quebec?
Who is statistically likely to be living with HIV is Saskatchewan?
What does this tell us about national statistics?
#4What ways does using the GIPA principle help in developing AIDS policies and programs?
What problems might it raise?
#5 Why was placing artistic commentary in public space a strategy of aids activists? Discuss one
example.
- Lesson 6 still images (posters, stickers, statues) in public space, not in art studies
#6 For a variety of reasons, gay men are often a key population in terms of vulnerability to HIV.
What challenges are involved in reaching this population in Uganda?
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com

Loved by over 2.2 million students

Over 90% improved by at least one letter grade.

Leah — University of Toronto

OneClass has been such a huge help in my studies at UofT especially since I am a transfer student. OneClass is the study buddy I never had before and definitely gives me the extra push to get from a B to an A!

Leah — University of Toronto
Saarim — University of Michigan

Balancing social life With academics can be difficult, that is why I'm so glad that OneClass is out there where I can find the top notes for all of my classes. Now I can be the all-star student I want to be.

Saarim — University of Michigan
Jenna — University of Wisconsin

As a college student living on a college budget, I love how easy it is to earn gift cards just by submitting my notes.

Jenna — University of Wisconsin
Anne — University of California

OneClass has allowed me to catch up with my most difficult course! #lifesaver

Anne — University of California
Description
INTE 398 - Final Exam Preparation Date: April 27 2017 @ 9:00 am CHEAT SHEET 8.5 x 11 inch - double sided - anything goes Part 1 40% 20 multiple choice questions 2% each Questions from quizzes 1-3 + from previous years (might not see my questions) Cover the entire course (up until lesson 12) Part 2: 30% 3 350-500 word short essays (10% per essay) - definitions - using appropriate terms - clearly describing cause/effect, impact positive and negative outcomes, etc. - Among the 10 suggested topics, we will be given 4, answer 3 #1 The standard definition of AIDS as changed over the years. Explain why we have a standard definition (give at least three reason) and how/why it changed. #2 Name (and explain) three characteristics of HIV that make it difficult to treat biomedically #3 Who is statistically likely to be living with HIV in Canada? Who is statistically likely to be living with HIV in Quebec? Who is statistically likely to be living with HIV is Saskatchewan? What does this tell us about national statistics? #4What ways does using the GIPA principle help in developing AIDS policies and programs? What problems might it raise? #5 Why was placing artistic commentary in public space a strategy of aids activists? Discuss one example. - Lesson 6 still images (posters, stickers, statues) in public space, not in art studies #6 For a variety of reasons, gay men are often a key population in terms of vulnerability to HIV. What challenges are involved in reaching this population in Uganda? #7 If HIV medication costs have dropped in the past 20 years, why is more money needed to treat HIV? #8 How might extreme poverty impact a persons vulnerability to HIV individually, socially and structurally? #9 What is the impact on sex workers of police using condoms as evidence of criminal activity? #10 Identify this news report. What global facts did these doctors not know about that makes this information wrong or misleading? Name at least three. Rare Cancer Seen in 41 Homosexuals Outbreak occurs among men in New York and California - 8 died inside 2 years By Lawrence K. Altman ------ Prepare outline for the answers Part 3 Consider the 30+ years of the HIV/AIDS pandemic and choose 5 important moments that you think had a majo
More Less
Unlock Document

Only half of the first page are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document

You've reached the limit of 4 previews this month

Create an account for unlimited previews.

Already have an account?

OR

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit