LING 360 Study Guide - Final Guide: Hans Lippershey, Verb Phrase Ellipsis, Pro-Form

65 views4 pages

Document Summary

This is false because we are in montreal and we know that marco polo did not die in montreal. The truth-value of this sentence depends on where we are. Medium through which the phonic signals can reach the participants. The setting is structured and the participants must have the same understanding of the setting. Temporal order: relations to the time of utterance. To be near or far from the person making the utterance. Two is a prime number and it is even. Three is a prime number and it is even. The expression (cid:494)it is even(cid:495) cannot be judged on its own in terms of truth. The understanding, which is invariant across users, is an expression(cid:495)s character. If i use the word (cid:494)i(cid:495), the content is me, and if you use the word (cid:494)i(cid:495), the content. The understanding, which results when one, knows the content. You change the cotext around to see if that changes its truth-value is you.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers