Type A Multiple Choice: Select one answer.
1. Approximately what percentage of total body water volume resides within cells?
2. Interstitial Fluid (ISF) has relatively high concentrations of which of the following ions?
b) Cl ‐
c) plasma protein anions
e) PO 43‐
3. A patient in the emergency room claims to have been vomiting extensively over the last 36 hours,
presumably due to food poisoning. If you are to restore their body fluids, which of the following
solutions would be most effective to provide intravenously?
a) Sea water.
b) Physiological saline.
c) Pure water.
d) None of the above, the patient must absolutely be given blood.
e) Whatever is quickest, as long as you inject the right volume of fluid.
4. Which of the following is NOT an example of transcellular fluid?
a) Cerebrospinal fluid
e) Lymph Type B: Select a combination of answers according to the guide below.
1) a, b, and c
2) a and c
3) b and d
5) all or none of the above
5. Which of the following substances do NOT cross cell membr