Accounting
Course
ACC 100
Professor
Else Grech
Semester
Fall

Description
ACC 100 - BUSINESS CYCLE ACCOUNTING MIDTERM GUIDANCE CONCEPTS TO KNOW: • Understand the basic four financial statements, what they report, how they are useful and how they are inter-connected. • Understand the debit-credit framework and know how to make basic journal entries. • Know how to make adjusting entries for accruals and deferrals and why they are important. • Know the difference between cash and accrual accounting and what GAAP requires. • Understand the purpose of and methods for making closing entries and be able to distinguish these from adjusting entries (i.e. what different purposes do closing entries and adjusting entries serve?). • Be able to name and describe each stage of the Accounting Cycle and know the order in which they occur and how they are inter-related. • Know the general kinds of financial ratios (Profitability, Liquidity, Solvency), what they are used for and who uses them. • Be sure to understand the formulas for all financial ratios and where to find the inputs (i.e. which statements or other sources).
More Less

Related notes for ACC 100

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit