PSY 102 Study Guide - Summer 2018, Comprehensive Midterm Notes - Memory, Hippocampus, Amygdala

206 views53 pages

Document Summary

Scientific theory: explanation for a large number of findings in the natural world. 5 (cid:14125) consider: human behaviour is multiply determined (caused by many factors, non-independence of factors i, variations among people in their thinking, emotion, personality, and behaviour: E. g. anorexia nervosa anxiety-proneness, compulsive exercise, perfectionism individual differences to everyone background. i. Therefore, making it difficult to determine explanations of behaviour that equally apply: reciprocal determinism:people influence each other, cultural differences i. E. g. , westerners tend to focus on the foreground, easterners tend to focus on the. Industrial organisation psychologists: apply the psychology, school psychologists b, forensic psychologists, research psychologists, developmental psychologists, personality psychologists, social psychologists, health psychologists i) But i might be wrong :always suspectand ask question (cid:14125) (cid:6616) circumstance) theory is right c) Willhelm wundt (1832-1920: established the first experimental psychological laboratory in 1879 in leipzig, germany, introspection: method by which trained observers carefully reflect and report on their mental experiences. "but what is the purpose of that experience?".

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers