Biology (15)
BIOL 2000 (2)

Midterm 1.docx

3 Pages
Unlock Document

University of Lethbridge
BIOL 2000
Joseph Rasmussen

Midterm #1 1. An individual heterozygous for one gene is testcrosses. The progeny will be produced in a phenotypic ratio of a. 1:2:1 b. 1:1:1:1: c. 1:1 d. 3:1 2. Meiosis takes place in a. Haploid cells only b. Diploid cells only c. Haploid or diploid cells d. Ascospores e. Non of the above 3. Which of the following statements about homologous chromosomes is true? a. They appear during mitosis b. They always contain the same alleles c. They occur together in diploid cells d. They occur together in haploid cells e. None of the above 4. A Dihybrid individual is self-fertilized. The frequency of progeny with the genotype Aabb is: a. 3/16 b. 1/16 c. 1/8 d. 1/6 e. none 5. During which state of Meiosis do chromatids separate? a. Prophase I b. Metaphase I c. Anaphase I d. Anaphase II e. Telophase II 6. Hemophilia is a rare, X-lined, recessive trait. A woman whose maternal grandfather was a hemophiliac is expecting a baby. What is the likelihood that he baby will be hemophiliac? a. 100% b. 75% c. 50% d. 25% e. None 9. An individual has the genotype A/a.B/B. The best description of the individual is: a. True breeding b. Monohybrid c. Dihybrid d. Hemizygous e. None 10. How many different types of gametes can an individual with the genotype A/A;B/b;c/c;D/d;E/e form? a. 4 b. 8 c. 16 d. 32 11. The synaptonemal complex is best described as: a. proteins are at the centromere b. The structure that holds sister chromatids together c. Microtubules that separate homologous chromosomes d. The structure that
More Less

Related notes for BIOL 2000

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.