HTM 2100 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Front Office, Business Telephone System, Property Management System

140 views6 pages

Document Summary

Hr department in small and large hotel properties, responsible for assisting other departments with human resources concerns, hr functions (recruitment, selection, orientation, training, discipline, evaluation, and retention, recruitment i. Activities designed to attract qualified applicants for the hotel"s vacant positions: selection. The most qualified for a vacant position i. ii: may include , job interviews, employment tests, preliminary screening, reference checks and recommendations, physical exams and drug testing, orientation (job orientation) Process of providing basic information i: must be known by all employees iii. Improving morale and reducing turnover: reduce anxiety. 2: providing consistency, developing realistic expectations, training i. ii. Necessary for all staff members regardless of how much experience they have. 1: employee job satisfaction, attain financial goals, etc , employee discipline i. ii. To encourage employees to follow established policies, rules, and regulations: evaluation i. Performance appraisal: periodic formal evaluation of an employee"s job performance, discussion of professional development goals, retention i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers