FMLY 1010 Study Guide - Final Guide: Child Abuse, Prenatal Development, Family Values
SchoolUniversity of Manitoba
DepartmentFamily Social Sciences
Course CodeFMLY 1010
This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 2 pages of the document.
FMLY1010 Human Development in the Family
Final Exam Study Guide
Exam Structure: 60 multiple choice questions – I mark each for total of 60 marks.
Choice of 3 of 5 short answers – 5 marks each for total of 15 marks.
Chapters 1 to 10 – 2 to 3 questions on each chapter
Chapters 11 to 17 – 5 to 6 questions on each chapter
• Reoccurring issues in human development
• Understand principles of developmental theories including Freud, Erikson, operant conditioning,
social learning, and Bandura, Piaget, Bronfenbrenner, lifespan and life course theories.
• Research in human development, experimental method, independent, dependent variables.
• Periods of prenatal development
• Newborn states
• Perceptual capabilities of the newborn
• The emerging nervous system and brain development, structures like neurotransmitters, and
concept of lateralization
• Language development, speech sounds, and use of rules in early child development
• Concept of attachment in early development
• Parenting styles
• Child abuse prevention
• Role of early child care programs
• Impact of family values on children’s development
• Development of self-concept and self-esteem
• Influence of watching television on child development
• Primary sex characteristics and development
• Multiple intelligences
• Adolescents and working
• Young adults and diet
• Intelligence in adulthood – mental abilities, differing abilities, differing facets, impact of
• Impact of self-concept on development
• Friendships and different types in adulthood
• Factors and theories in mating in adulthood
• Divorce and impacts
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version