Study Guides (283,439)
CA (135,414)
UW (6,319)
KIN (174)
KIN 105 (3)
Study Guide

KIN 105- Final Exam Guide - Comprehensive Notes for the exam ( 72 pages long!)
Premium

72 Pages
Fall 2017

Department
Kinesiology
Course Code
KIN 105
Professor
Christopher Vigna
Study Guide
Final

This preview shows pages 1-3. Sign up to view the full 72 pages of the document.
UW
KIN 105
Final EXAM
STUDY GUIDE
Lecture 1
Absolute a general measurement that can be applied or used to describe anyone (same for
each individual). Expressed in standard unit of measurement.
Example: cycling at 100 watts (W)
Relative one that has been normalized to a specific known value and is unique to the
individual.
Eaple: lig at 0% of oe’s VO2 a
- Use these terms when describing exercise intensity, VO2 max, and many more
Repetition Maximum (RM) highest weight an individual can complete doing the full range of
motion of the exercise with no aid
- We oalize asolute alues to ake the elatie. Usuall  usig a idiidual’s
body mass we can calculate their relative value (specific to them). Ex: VO2 max
(mL/kg/min)
Variables:
VO2 max (L/min)
Absolute
VO2 max (mL/kg/min)
Relative
1 RM (lbs)
Absolute
1 RM/ body mass
Relative
70% of 1 RM
Relative
BMI (kg/m2)
Relative
Acute exercise refers to a person/ animal performing a sing (bout ) short period of intense
activity of some type of exercise. For example, leaving your house and biking from 60 minutes is
an acute bout of exercise
Chronic exercise or also considered exercise training refers to repeated bouts of acute
exercise over given period of time. Exercise training can be described as a short- term (several
days to weeks in length) or long term (weeks, to months, to years in length)
The diffeet tpes of eeises that oe a patiipate i doig …
Aerobic exercise someties ko as adio is eeise that depeds piail o the
aerobic energy-geeatig poess. Aeoi eas elatig to, iolig, o euiig fee
oge.
- Examples: running, swimming, cycling
find more resources at oneclass.com
Anaerobic exercise physical exercise intense enough to cause lactate to form. Muscle energy
systems trained using anaerobic exercise develop differently leading to greater performance in
short duration, high intensity activities.
- Examples: Resistance exercise (lifting weights), interval training, sprint interval
exercises, plyometric
Flexibility exercises that improve overall ease of movement, decrease stress on the joints,
and reduce risk of injury. Because flexibility exercises help improve blood flow to muscles,
stretching and injured muscle will speed up your recovery.
Balance specific exercises designed to enhance your balance and improve your stability.
- Examples: Tai Chi, yoga, pilates
Or a combination of both aerobic and resistance exercise (adding weights) such as cycling and
rowing.
Classifig itesit of eeise …
Supramaximal the work rate or power output requires energy (ATP) production that is
greater than VO2 max (ie. short term, very intense, sprinting)
Rate of perceived exertion (RPE) is a subjective measure of how hard the individual thinks
they are working
Aerobic/endurance-type exercise
Resistance-type exercise
Relative Intensity
Relative Intensity
Intensity
Classification
VO2 (% of max) or heart
rate reserve (%)
Maximal heart
rate (%)
Maximal voluntary
contraction (%) or 1RM (%)
Very light
(very low)
<20
<35
<30
Light (low)
20-39
35-54
30-49
Moderate
40-59
55-69
50-69
Hard (high)
60-84
70-89
70-84
Very hard
(heavy;
intense)
≥
≥0
≥
Maximal

Loved by over 2.2 million students

Over 90% improved by at least one letter grade.

Leah — University of Toronto

OneClass has been such a huge help in my studies at UofT especially since I am a transfer student. OneClass is the study buddy I never had before and definitely gives me the extra push to get from a B to an A!

Leah — University of Toronto
Saarim — University of Michigan

Balancing social life With academics can be difficult, that is why I'm so glad that OneClass is out there where I can find the top notes for all of my classes. Now I can be the all-star student I want to be.

Saarim — University of Michigan
Jenna — University of Wisconsin

As a college student living on a college budget, I love how easy it is to earn gift cards just by submitting my notes.

Jenna — University of Wisconsin
Anne — University of California

OneClass has allowed me to catch up with my most difficult course! #lifesaver

Anne — University of California
Description
[KIN 105] Comprehensive Fall guide including any lecture notes, textbook notes and exam guides.find more resources at oneclass.com Lecture 1 Absolute – a general measurement that can be applied or used to describe anyone (same for each individual). Expressed in standard unit of measurement. Example: cycling at 100 watts (W) Relative – one that has been normalized to a specific known value and is unique to the individual. E▯a▯ple: ▯▯▯li▯g at ▯0% of o▯e’s VO2 ▯a▯ - Use these terms when describing exercise intensity, VO2 max, and many more Repetition Maximum (RM) – highest weight an individual can complete doing the full range of motion of the exercise with no aid - We ▯o▯▯alize a▯solute ▯alues to ▯ake the▯ ▯elati▯e. Usuall▯ ▯▯ usi▯g a▯ i▯di▯idual’s body mass we can calculate their relative value (specific to them). Ex: VO2 max (mL/kg/min) Variables: VO2 max (L/min) Absolute VO2 max (mL/kg/min) Relative 1 RM (lbs) Absolute 1 RM/ body mass Relative 70% of 1 RM Relative BMI (kg/m2) Relative Acute exercise – refers to a person/ animal performing a sing (bout ) short period of intense activity of some type of exercise. For example, leaving your house and biking from 60 minutes is an acute bout of exercise Chronic exercise – or also considered exercise training refers to repeated bouts of acute exercise over given period of time. Exercise training can be described as a short- term (several days to weeks in length) or long term (weeks, to months, to years in length) The diffe▯e▯t t▯pes of e▯e▯▯ises that o▯e ▯a▯ pa▯ti▯ipate i▯ doi▯g … Aerobic exercise – someti▯es k▯o▯▯ as ▯▯a▯dio▯ is e▯e▯▯ise that depe▯ds p▯i▯a▯il▯ o▯ the aerobic energy-ge▯e▯ati▯g p▯o▯ess. Ae▯o▯i▯ ▯ea▯s ▯▯elati▯g to, i▯▯ol▯i▯g, o▯ ▯e▯ui▯i▯g f▯ee o▯▯ge▯▯. - Examples: running, swimming, cycling find more resources at oneclass.com
More Less
Unlock Document
Subscribers Only

Only pages 1-3 are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
Subscribers Only
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document
Subscribers Only

You've reached the limit of 4 previews this month

Create an account for unlimited previews.

Already have an account?

OR

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit