Fillin the blanks
1. Cell components which stain with hematoxylin are often referred to as___basophilic____.
2. The light-staining areas of a nucleus on a slide are composed of _euchromatin____ and the
dark-staining regions are composed of ____heterochromatin_______.
3. The basement membrane is ____negatively_______ charged and can be stained with either
____Periodic Acid Schiff________ or ___Hematoxylin______.
4. The ____stratified squamous epithelium__________ epithelium is usually found in areas
exposed to abrasive stress.
5. Transitional epithelium is commonly found in the ___urinary bladder_________.
6. An __endocrine_____gland releases its secretions into the bloodstream.
7. The increase in the size of adult skeletal muscle after exercise is due to the process of
__hypertrophy____ of muscle fibers.
8. The sun’s UV rays damage the __fibrilin_____scaffolding which holds the __elastin_____
filaments; this causes the skin to lose its elasticity.
9. The granules of mast cells are often described as ____metachomatic_______.
10. The__tongue____ is one place where you will find “skeletal muscle” that is not attached to the
11. The trachea is lined by a ________pseudostratified ciliated columnar________ epithelium.
12. __Macrophages______ are the cells which take up the pigment in a t