PS102 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Threshold Of Pain, Morphine, Psychosexual Development

105 views13 pages
6 Apr 2016
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Ps102 midterm 1 review (cid:1) (cid:1) (cid:1) (cid:1) (cid:1) (cid:1) Answered by what people do and how people do them. We are driven to pursue certain activities. Humans are similar to animals both show goal-directed behaviour. Humans are rational masters of our fates. Drives: regulatory: homeostatic (hunger, thirst promote survival by regulating homeostasis, safety: protect us from danger, reproductive: sexual drive, caring for our young, social: power, affiliation, achievement, educative: exploratory. Drives: theoretical concepts and often cannot be measured directly. Drive stimulus: drives the organism sometimes this is an internal queue or condition that involves directly activating activity and then directing behaviours (i. e. low glucose level will initiate the hunger drive) Instrumental act: brings you in the presence of the incentive (i. e. leaving the classroom and going to tim"s is the act towards the incentive of hunger) Consumatory response: act of eliminating the drive (i. e. drinking from a water fountain when thirsty)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers