ADMS 1010- Final Exam Guide - Comprehensive Notes for the exam ( 29 pages long!)

691 views29 pages

Document Summary

By alfred d. chandler (cid:862)to (cid:272)o(cid:373)plete glo(cid:271)ally you to be big (chandler, 130) By ernest f (cid:862) (cid:373)all ized i(cid:374)dustry is (cid:373)ore (cid:272)o(cid:373)petitive(cid:863) (schumacher, 66) Chandler main focus is the need for large industries and companies which results in: Cost reduction through economies of scales/scope increased marketing, distribution, & management. First movers: gain preliminary competitive advantage by moving into the industry quickly. Diversification: by restructuring the business organization investments to have competitive advantage. Large countries do not necessary mean that they possess wealth. Creating controlled smaller units can lead to a thriving business (ex. Unity is present at a larger scale. In my opinion schumacher expressed a better argument relating to my beliefs, and knowledge in smalls is beautiful. Firstly, the idea being small but better caught my attention; it is more reasonable for a company, depending, on size to flourish as is rather than trying to grow immensely. Schumacher believes in freedom and democracy other organization outside of enterprises.