ADMS 2400 Study Guide - Final Guide: Quid Pro Quo, Glass Ceiling, Sex Segregation

128 views6 pages

Document Summary

Devaluation of women"s work: discrimination, harassment, segregation, glass ceiling. Race v ethnicity- you cab only have one race i. e. black or white. You can claim multiple ethnic affiliations i. e. irish and. Changes overtime with disability: perception of people with disabilities, language use i. e. crazy and mad, who has responsibility for person with disability, legal protections. Sexual harassment: (1) quid pro quo (promotion for sex, something for something), (2) hostile environment (unwanted sexual comments, requests for example sexual jokes). Co-ethnic- from the same race or ethnic group. Disparate impact- when an apparently neutral, evenly applied, practice has a negative effect on the employment of members of protected classes. Disparate treatment- when an applicant or employee is intentionally treated differently than others are treated based on their group membership. Gender role socialization- the process by which social institutions, including families, friends, organizations, and the media, form and shape expectations of acceptable behaviors for men and women.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers