ANTH 4340 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Intersubjectivity, Virginity, Cultural Hegemony

247 views7 pages

Document Summary

The questions below are a guide to help direct your studying for the first exam. As you try to address these questions by reference to the material assigned and covered so far this semester (including readings, lectures, films, etc. ), you will be able to refine your understanding of the central themes and issues we have examined. Two or three of the questions below will appear on your exam, which will run. Link to the post-(cid:373)oder(cid:374) ideologies of (cid:449)o(cid:373)e(cid:374)"s rights a(cid:374)d the tra(cid:374)sfor(cid:373)atio(cid:374) of the ideologies regardi(cid:374)g i(cid:374)di(cid:448)idual rights i(cid:374) i(cid:374)dia fro(cid:373) i(cid:374)dia"s daughter. In historical terms, its not self evident and highly arbitrary social groups: sociocentric society of individual to their social groupings. In answering this question, consider what could be said about the likelihood of perpetuation of honour values within modern post-industrial democratic societies, and how they are broadly perceived.