KINE 3012 Study Guide - Trihydrogen Cation, Extracellular Fluid, Myoglobin

106 views20 pages

Document Summary

1st cell we start as has no function multiplies: multiple omnipotent cells all the same, no specialization, stem cells" can become anything multiply. Highly specialized organ systems i. e. epithelial, connective-tissue, nerve, and muscle cells: end up with 1014 cells. Levels each step makes up the next, work together to keep homeostasis: chemical, cellular, tissue, organ, body system, organism. Homeostasis our body wants to get back to its set norms when they are altered: regulation of homeostasis occurs at many levels. Local specific area, i. e. organ, hand. Organism whole body integration, organs and systems communicating: maintain homeostasis by balancing: What we put in our bodies with what is removed from them. What our body produces with what it consumes: failure to balance inputs and out puts (maintain homeostasis) results in disease i. e. diabetes = the inability to balance insulin. Feedback systems used to coordinate the responses of different organs/systems: consists of: Relay station via brain and chemical messengers.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers