Saturday, March 8, 2014
-The irrationality of faith it alone gave humanity the answers to the questions of life and
the possibility to live.
without faith one cannot live
If theism is true then:
1. We have a satisfying explanation of the origins of the universe and we are not
products of chance and necessity.
2. Good will win over evil. We are not fighting alone, god is on our side.
3. God loves us and cares for us. His love gives us a motive for morally good
actions and good deeds.
4. We have an answer to the questions 'Why be moral?' and that is because the
love of God guarantees justice so that everyone will get what he or she deserve.
Good for good and bad for bad.
5. Cosmic justice reigns the universe. The scales of the universe are perfectly
balanced so everyone will get what he or she deserve according to their moral
6. All persons are of equal worth. We are all the children of god, we are brothers
and sisters and we are all of equal worth.
7. Grace and forgiveness. A happy ending for all. All of us can be redeemed and
forgiven and given a new start.
8. There is life after death.
Secularism: a doctrine that rejects religion and religious considerations.
Theism: A belief in the exist