PHIL 2015 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Medication Therapy Management, Blood Sugar, Hyperglycemia

11 views8 pages

Document Summary

The following chart has been compiled as a structured encounter and phrasing guide for pharmacy students, and can be used for patients with a new prescription. It is intended to serve as a guide; each encounter is unique and you should aim to create your own style and approach. The phrases below are examples of the correct tone and degree of formality in a clinical encounter related to medication therapy management. The order may need to be adjusted, depending on the circumstances: greeting and introduction, identification of patient/agent/care provider. My name is and i am a pharmacy student. Is this prescription for someone other than you: establishing rapport. Try and elicit any patient concerns (ask open-ended questions)/ Consider patient affect and the use of empathetic statements if appropriate: how are you doing today mr. , how might i be able to help you today, sounds like you are having a busy day.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers