PSYC 1010 Study Guide - Final Guide: Twin, Schizotypal Personality Disorder, Social Influence

206 views17 pages
naya-2002 and 39638 others unlocked
PSYC 1010 Full Course Notes
PSYC 1010 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
63 documents

Document Summary

Neuroses: part 1: what is abnormal psychology, criteria/ classification for psychology disorders, anxiety disorders, generalized anxiety, panic disorder, ptsd, obsessive compulsive disorders. Individual has impaired thought processes and cannot function socially, treatment is long term. It"s not like i feel worthless thought processes, more like my thoughts are being broadcast on tv right now, god is speaking to me, i am a messenger type of thought processes. Fear is a normal reaction to a known, external source of danger. In anxiety, the individual is frightened but the source of the danger is not known, not recognized, or inadequate to account for the symptoms: the physiological manifestations are similar. Psychotic disorders: loss and touch out of reality, unable to see reality and function in an appropriate way. Fragment of neuroses, an actual fragment in cognitive processes. Recognized over centuries and hasn"t changed in incidence rate. One percent of the population, people used to be considered insane or possessed.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers