March 6, 2014: THE CONCEPT OF TIME
- If time finds its meaning in eternity, then it must be understood starting from eternity.
- Theology is concerned with human existence, as being before God. It is concerned with
the temporal Being of such existence in its relation to eternity.
- God himself needs no theology, his existence is not grounded through faith
- (Einstein) Space is nothing in itself, there is no absolute space. It exists merely by way of
the bodies and energies contained in it
- (Aristotle) Time too is nothing. It persists merely as a consequence of the events taking
place in it. There is no absolute time and no absolute simultaneity either.
- Time is that within which events take place
- Since time itself is not movement, it must have something to do with movement
- Measuring indicates the how-long and the when, the from-when-till-when. A clock shows
the time. Change is in time. Each period has an identical temporal duration. The way in
which the stretch of this duration is divided up is arbitrary.
- Time is consti