JOUR 101- Midterm Exam Guide - Comprehensive Notes for the exam ( 56 pages long!)

137 views56 pages
periwinklelouse328 and 6 others unlocked
JOUR 101 Full Course Notes
JOUR 101 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
12 documents

Document Summary

A source encodes message, sends message, through a channel to a receiver. A receiver decodes the message, to a result- sends feedback to a source. Intrapersonal: what i say to myself (in my head . Group: audience of 5 or more with a common goal/ connection. Mass communication: the process of designing and delivering cultural messa media channels, both old & new. Or we ignore it or simply disregard it. Gatekeepers (editors, executive producers, media m should essages and stories to diverse audiences through ia managers) Mass media: the means by which the mass communications process is done. Ritual model: becomes a shared experience- interact in a shared ritual. Publicity model: media messages draw attention to a person, concept, or event (i. e. jane. Reception model: no message can be interpreted as one single meaning because the rece background and experiences- which differs. Two people could watch the same movie but take away two different opinions.