PSYCH 212 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: 18 Months, Object Permanence, Puzzle Video Game

105 views8 pages
25 Jan 2018
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Classnotes 7 (chapter 7: cognitive development the first 3 yrs of life) Be able to recognize behavioral examples of each substage. his original journal: the sensorimotor stage: birth to 1 years. Infants learn through senses and motor activity: six substages. Schemas: organized patterns of behavior used in particular situations, 1. Reflexes: birth to 1 month: begin to exercise control over their reflexes, modifying their schemes (assim/accom, ex, sucking/grasping, 2. Primary circular reaction: 1 month- 4 months: me, myself, and i, babies learned to repeat pleasant bodily sensation first achieved by chance via reflexes, action involves babies own body, ex. ) sucking thumb, stroking its head to soothe, 3. Secondary circular reactions: 4 months- 8 months itself. Coordination of secondary schemes (8 months- 12 months) Infants generalize from the past to solve new problems: exhibit complex, goal-directed, intentional behavior, ex. , ba(cid:271)(cid:455) (cid:396)e(cid:395)uests goldfish to push off t(cid:396)a(cid:455) (cid:271)e(cid:272)ause it(cid:859)s fu(cid:374, 5.