STAT 0200 Study Guide - Final Guide: Type I And Type Ii Errors, Null Hypothesis, Confidence Interval

79 views2 pages
23 Feb 2016
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

N (use t if the sample size is small or if you only know standard deviation s and not population standard deviation ) Degrees of freedom for t is df = n-1. Type i error rejecting the null hypothesis, even though it is true. Type ii error failing to reject the null hypothesis, even though it is false. Type i error associated with and if alpha is lower, there is greater reduction of this type of error. Paired: two variables, categorical and quantitative, two groups with matched observations. Two sample: two variables, both categorical, two groups in both variables. Type ii error associated with sample size, standard deviation; if sample size is smaller more likely to have this error. (alpha) is the area under the curve, cutoff for deciding whether to reject or fail to reject null hypothesis ex. = 0. 05, 0. 01 (area values) z-scores associated = 1. 645, 2. 33. If area under curve of found values is less than.