01:450:102 Midterm: Global Environment EXAM 2 Study Guide

300 views7 pages

Document Summary

Vegetation types: forest trees with a contiguous canopy, woodland trees with a non-contiguous canopy, savanna. Herbaceous with scattered trees or shrubs: shrubland shrub-dominated, grassland all herbaceous plants. Affect the amount of resources (light energy, water, and nutrients) available to a plant: climate. Controls energy from the sun and water: topography. Controls the microclimate experienced by the plant (e. g. via slope aspect) Affects delivery of groundwater to the plant: soil. Soil holds moisture and provides nutrients to the plant. Edaphic variability: variation in nutrients and water attributed to variation in soil type, biota (via indirect competition) Plants affect each other through competition for resources: disturbance. Natu(cid:396)al: fi(cid:396)e wi(cid:374)d floods la(cid:374)dslides i(cid:374)se(cid:272)t out(cid:271)(cid:396)eaks. A(cid:374)th(cid:396)opoge(cid:374)i(cid:272) : clea(cid:396)i(cid:374)g of la(cid:374)d i(cid:374)(cid:448)asi(cid:448)e i(cid:374)se(cid:272)t out(cid:271)(cid:396)eaks. Tropical wet climate: tropical broadleaf evergreen forest (rainforest, forest: lots of energy and water to support biomass, evergreen: no reason not to be, no stressful season, broadleaf: more efficient shape.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers