PLSC 2003 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Ny Waterway, Voting Rights Act Of 1965, Cooperative Federalism

94 views7 pages

Document Summary

Unit i study guide (you should know and understand the goals of each chapter before the lecture on each chapter) Pluralism theory of how the system works; two or more groups, principles, or sources of authority coexist and create equilibrium c. i. Multiple groups of people competing to influence how/what gov"t does c. ii. Works very well in diverse community need as many people to participate as possible or democracy turns to oligarchy d. Market place of ideas the competition between varying opinions and ideas that are aired in public forums d. i. Politicians take ideas of what to do/ what to solve/how to solve them and present that to the citizens need flow of public opinions to make good decisions: politics activities associated with the government of the country e. i. Voters participate to share power in country e. ii. So political system stable: pluralistic model of the political system (citizens) Politicians have to wait and listen for outcomes/consequences of their outputs.