MAT 101 Study Guide - Midterm Guide: Problem Solving, Group Theory, Sample Space

75 views19 pages

Document Summary

Group theory: an abstract set of mathematical ideas that is used to talk about all sorts of things from music, symmetric objects, fundamental particles and forces, puzzles and more. Europe: algorithm is a latinized translation of his name. Quantitative literacy and problem solving: metaskills: quantitative literacy is: "habit of mind," competency, and comfort in working with numerical data. Measure the quality of a process, rather than the quality of an end-product. E(cid:448)ide(cid:374)(cid:272)e of the i(cid:374)di(cid:448)idual(cid:859)s thi(cid:374)ki(cid:374)g a(cid:271)out a p(cid:396)o(cid:271)le(cid:373)-solving task. The final product of an assignment that required problem (cid:396)esolutio(cid:374) is i(cid:374)suffi(cid:272)ie(cid:374)t (cid:449)ithout i(cid:374)sight i(cid:374)to the stude(cid:374)t(cid:859)s p(cid:396)o(cid:271)le(cid:373)- solving process. Problem solving value rubric: association of american colleges and universities. Demonstrates the ability to construct a problem statement with evidence of most relevant contextual factors, and problem statement is adequately detailed. Identifies multiple approaches for solving the problem, only some of which apply within a specific context.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers