MAN 3025 Study Guide - Final Guide: Learned Helplessness, Job Performance, Performance Appraisal

67 views27 pages

Document Summary

Indicates how much people believe they control their fate through their own efforts. Individual values and attitudes affect individual"s behavior: attitudes (e. g. (for below) job satisfaction, predisposition (feeling or belief) towards a given object (people, events, etc. , as such, they are influences by values and by personality, 3 components, affective. I feel- feelings or emotions about a situation: i love my job (feelings, cognitive. I believe- beliefs and knowledge about a situation: my job is interesting (thoughts, behavioral. Job satisfaction is affected by level of income earned and by the type of job a worker does. Job satisfaction and productivity: the correlation between satisfaction and productivity is fairly strong, organizations with more satisfied employees are more effective than those with fewer satisfied employees. Job satisfaction and absenteeism: satisfied employees tend to have lower levels of absenteeism, although satisfied employees are bound to take company approved days off (e. g. sick days)